We love summer, and we love weddings. Put them together, and you have a good reason to go shopping right away. Invitations are stacked up on your table, and you have so little time to decide what to wear. Fret not; we have narrowed down your search to give you the best options to choose from.
Firstly, bear in mind the code or theme of the wedding; you don’t want to be stared at, wearing the wrong outfit. Some invitation cards come with specific instructions on what colour or genre of clothes to wear for the wedding. Do follow those instructions along with our tips.
- Beaded Midi-dress: Knee-length dresses embellished with beads and sequins is a mix of formal and casual attire which is perfect for a cocktail wedding.
- Off-shoulder dress: Attending cocktail parties in off the shoulder dresses with dramatic sleeves sounds perfect, even more so when you pair it with ankle-strap shoes.
- Wrap Dress: The dress that says summer is a bright coloured floral wrap dress in silk. They are flirty, breezy, and elegant, the right choice for a summer wedding.
- Lace Dress: The one outfit that can never go wrong is a lace dress. They look good in bright colours like nude, dusty pink, peach, mint green, and light purple.
- Pantsuits: It is the ultimate outfit for the woman who wants to exude confidence yet preserve her feminism. Pantsuits are both sexy and practical especially when the fabric is in satin, silk or cashmere. Dressy pantsuits look flawless in light pink and nude.
- Mid-length dress: This is more on the classy side. Midi dresses in bright colour shades and pleads are elements of sophistication.
- Jumpsuits: What says you have class and knows how to have fun? Jumpsuits, of course. Opt for structured pieces that come without sleeves. Colours don’t matter much here; the outfit looks good in any shade.
- Blazers: Smart blazers in feminine colours are completely divine. While the soft hue of the fabric commends your gentle structure, the shoulder pads on the blazer keep your look alive.
- Two-piece dress: Cropped tops and midi skirts in lace are eye-catching. It looks very relaxed with a touch of grandeur on the fabric.
- Crochet dress: A crochet fitting dress looks classy and comfortable. As it falls right on the knees, it is appropriate for a casual wedding.
- Shirtdress: You may end up looking too relaxed with this outfit. Go for shirt dresses that have sheer fabrics around the neck or shoulders, a little see-through at the arms or back will make it suitable for a casual wedding party.
- Floral Maxi Dress: The beach is the perfect place to wear something with flower prints. Feminine, comfortable, and elegant is what you will feel wearing a floral maxi dress.
- Rompers: A fun and pretty outfit would be a romper. Pick one with fluttery sleeves giving a decent look as well as a flirty vibe.
- Floral Jumpsuits: Turn out in a conservative yet playful jumpsuit. Go for an off-the-shoulder floral suit with artsy sandals for a finished look.